Strategic Plan 2017 -2020
In 2016 the staff and Board of KHF reviewed the work of the past four years and came together in December 2016 to agree a framework for the next strategic plan. The following Vision, Principles and Aims were adopted by the Board in February 2017.
Vision: The Katharine Howard Foundation (KHF) is an independent Foundation focused on improving the lives of young children and their families. The Foundation does this through:
- working with others to identify and respond to need,
- building on existing initiatives,
- formulating, implementing and evaluating new initiatives,
- making strategic grants,
- gathering and disseminating learning from experience,
- influencing the development of policy and practice; and
- protecting the endowment fund.
Principles: The key principles that underpin KHF’s work are:
- A belief that KHF can make a difference through evidence-informed interventions based on collaboration, reflective learning, adding value and flexibility.
- A commitment to equality and overcoming disadvantage and to promote equality of opportunity for all children.
- A commitment to apply respect, integrity and empathy in all aspects of KHF’s work.
- A commitment to transparency and accountability throughout all KHF’s work.
KHF Strategic Aims 2017 – 2020
Taking into account (a) the needs of young children and their families, (b) changes in the external environment and (c) KHF’s achievements, experience and learning over the past four years, the Trustees and staff agreed the following five Strategic Aims for 2017 – 2020.
- To continue to be recognised as an authoritative and highly respected independent Foundation working in the area of prevention and early intervention with reference to young children and their families.
- To continue to influence the development of national policy and practice in the area of prevention and early intervention with reference to young children and their families.
- To influence and support the development of integrated service planning and delivery within the HSE to improve health and wellbeing outcomes for infants and their families through the Nurture Programme.
- To ensure KHF’s good governance and financial and organisational sustainability into the future and to contribute to the development of philanthropy policy and practice in Ireland.
- To capture, document and disseminate the learning from all KHF’s programmes and grant-making activities.